Tuesday, December 29, 2009

I can't stop reading .... essays I should've read a while ago

Here are two long-ish essays from the New Yorke that David Brooks repped in a column last week. The first deals with health care and analyzes two cities as a means of determining what's wrong with the system. The second is an article on inequality in the justice system, more specifically about an inmate on Texas death row that may have been innocent. The article makes a compelling case for abolishing the death penalty. Admittedly, I may have found this article more compelling than the average person, since representing prisoners claiming actual innocence was what I devoted my pro bono time in law school towards, but regardless, I think most people would find it a little disconcerting that the State of Texas may have killed an innocent man.

McAllen, Texas and the Cost Conundrum

Trial by Fire

No comments:

Post a Comment